Friday, December 31, 2010

I Will

I hate that statement!!

I've been happily married for 19 years.  However, when I ask my dear husband (let's call him "Angry" as that's his nickname from his friends) to do something as simple as taking out the garbage, the response I get is always, "I will."  After I ask for the tenth millionth time (he'd say I nag, if you can believe that!) the response is the same words, "I will."

Now, don't misunderstand me.  I love him more than anyone can ever imagine.  But, this answer drives me INSANE!!  It makes me madder than an old wet hen. 

I like to point out that if he'd just take care of the task (which shouldn't take much time), he could immediately return to relaxing, TV watching, beer drinking etc.  The job would be done and it wouldn't be hanging over his head.

Oh well. . . I guess it comes with the territory.  Honestly though, I think he knows it makes me mad and says it for that reason.  You think I'd learn and just stop nagging let him be!

2 comments:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

OMG, I've said a million times that if they'd only do what we asked the first time, we'd have no reason to nag at all.

Looks like this is your first blog post--keep it up! It's an incredible amount of work, but if you stick with it, it will totally be worth it.

Liz said...

Thanks for the encouragement Linda! I'm taking "lessons" from you!! I may not write as well as you but I have stuff I want to "discuss" even if it's only with myself. :-)