Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pay attention!

I took a walk Downtown the other day to meet a friend for lunch.

It was 60 degrees, sunny, and breezy.

I looked around and paid attention to what I saw:

Men and women in business suits (both skirts and pants for the women) with a variety of shoes.  Most of the men were wearing their dress shoes but some had on tennis shoes.  The women’s choices ranged from tennis shoes to low heeled sandals and pumps to super high heels that made me wonder how they could even walk in them.

Damn, these are adorable but how do you walk in them?

Lots of women and men wearing shorts and t-shirts as they were heading to Gold’s Gym.  Some went as far as wearing tank tops.  They must have been chilled a bit, especially on the shady side of the street.

A teenager in short shorts, a teeny tiny tank top, and flip flops.  I’m not sure where she was heading.

An older gentleman in a parka and winter hat.  He looked like he was cold even in that attire.

A group of kids getting off a school bus in front of the local theatre to see a play.  Most were wearing typical kid (5th or 6th grader) clothes which consisted of jeans and t-shirts or sweatshirts.  They were having fun goofing around.

Men and women wearing khakis and dress shirts.  Most of them had on light spring jackets since they didn’t have a suit coat to keep the wind off their arms.

No one posed for a picutre. I had to borrow one from the Interwebs.

A group of about 8 or 10 people walking together all carrying birthday presents in pretty wrapping paper and bags.  One gal was holding a "Happy Birthday" balloon which was blowing around in the breeze!

You must pretend the blowing wind is making this balloon crooked!  Work with me here.

A homeless man in a t-shirt and sweatpants who was asking everyone for their spare change.  I didn’t see anyone give him any.

There was a mix of people wearing sunglasses and those that weren’t.  Those that weren’t were squinting and probably wished they had worn theirs.

I saw several baseball caps and even a beret.

The beret wearer I saw was a little more lively than this!

Several people were carrying bags from local fast food places and restaurants back to their offices.  It was fun to see what everyone was having for their lunch.


I loved the diversity and mixture of things that I saw.  To each his own!  I hope everyone enjoyed their workouts, their play, their time away from their offices, their birthday party, and their lunches!

2 comments:

Braden said...

I would consider those leopard print shoes to be lethal weapons.

Liz said...

Agreed Braden! But, the gals need some sort of protection! HA!