Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Farting = Funny?

I'm in my 40s.  Supposedly that means I'm a mature, mellow, and secure woman.  That’s what “they” say anyway. 

Angry and I bought our first smart phones this summer.  We’ve had a great time searching for cool apps and games for those phones. 

As a supposed mature woman, can someone explain to me why I take great joy in the farting component of my favorite app, Talking Tom Cat? 

Isn't he cute?
When I open the app, the very first thing I do is press the fart button.  I giggle like a little school girl when I hear him let loose.  Obviously, the cartoon character makes it even more humorous.  He lifts his leg and tail to squeeze the farts out.  He also looks around guiltily like he hopes no one heard him.  The farts are a little different each time you press the button (farting randomness!).  And, the phone vibrates in your hand when he farts.  It's funny  HILARIOUS!!  Just thinking about it makes me smile and want to giggle. 

Quite often I’ll open the app and fart for the hell of it (Angry usually shakes his head and rolls his eyes).  Giggles ensue and I sometimes say to him, “Take that!”  

What the hell is wrong with me?  Whatever it is; I’m not sure I want to fix it.

No comments: