Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why didn't I shovel?

In the “Great Blizzard of 2011,” I didn't get to have to help Angry shovel.  Why?  Because I had to work.  I brought my laptop home to do security trades for my firm.  Unfortunately Fortunately, that meant that I had to stay by the computer while the stock market was open.

Angry put in a good four or five hours of work to clear up the walkways, the driveway, and the sidewalks (we live on a corner so there's a lot).  We still couldn't leave the house because the city didn't plow our street until after 4 pm.  Angry then had to go out and clear the huge pile of snow and the end of the driveway that the plow left.  That took over an hour to dig through.

Here's a view of the outside world:

Is there a street out there?
Angry on the way to the garage.



Getting closer to the street!

Good luck getting out.



Walkway almost done!

The unburied front door.

Why didn't I shovel?  That's what I "hired" Angry for!!  It says so in the contract on the license we signed.

3 comments:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Oh, for the love of God, run like the friggin' Wisconsin wind! May I suggest Las Vegas?

Liz said...

Linda - We discussed for years the possibility of moving someplace "warm." I think we live in the "The grass is always greener" mode most of the time though and that's stopped us.

linda said...

That looks lovely to me. So white and fresh. We pay a fortune to see the snow here.